To ensure that you have the most up-to-date version of New Relic, refer to the Java release notes. If your agent is outdated, follow these steps.
- Back up the entire New Relic agent directory to another location. Rename that directory to
#.#.#is the version number of that agent.
- From the New Relic menu bar, select (account) > Account settings.
- Download the agent for your platform.
- Unzip the new agent download file, and copy newrelic-api.jar and newrelic.jar into the agent directory.
- Restart your Java dispatcher.
If you experience issues after the Java agent upgrade, restore from the backed-up New Relic agent directory.
For more help
Additional documentation resources include: