This document contains a templated version of the
newrelic.yml file that the Java agent reads for configuration. The config file format is YAML. While no knowledge of YAML is necessary to edit the file, be careful to maintain the proper indentation. Learn more about YAML on Wikipedia.
When making changes to the
newrelic.yml file, use a YAML validator to ensure the syntax is accurate and follow these rules:
- YML files are case sensitive.
- All indentations are in increments of two characters. Data in the same stanza of the file must use the same level of indentation, and sub-stanzas should be indented by an additional two spaces.
For more information about structure, directories, and settings, see Java agent configuration.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.