- Infinite Tracing
- Fixes issue with Infinite Tracing where a communication error can result in consuming too much CPU.
- Fixes issue with Infinite Tracing where a communication error did not clean up its corresponding communication threads.
- Agent version 8.30 introduces significant performance enhancements to Infinite Tracing. To use Infinite Tracing, please upgrade to version 8.30 or later.
- Fixes issue in .NET Framework ASP.NET MVC applications where transactions started on one thread would flow to background threads (e.g., started with
Task.Run) in some scenarios but not others. Transaction state used to only flow to a background thread if the transaction originated from an async controller action. Transaction state now flows to background threads regardless of whether the controller action is async or not.
- Fixes issue in .NET Framework ASP.NET MVC applications where agent instrumentation of an MVC controller action could cause an
- Fixes a problem with the reporting of Errors where Error Events may not appear even though Error Traces are being sent.
- Follow standard procedures to update the .NET agent.
- If you are upgrading from a particularly old agent, review the list of major changes and procedures to upgrade legacy .NET agents.