First Paint and First Contentful Paint values are now being collected: For browsers that support the Paint Timing API, these two values are now collected and made available as attributes on the PageView and BrowserInteraction (initial load) events.
- Definitions for each attribute in BrowserInteractions and PageViews are available in the New Relic event data dictionary.
- For more information about the Paint Timing browser compatibility, see the Browser compatibility and requirements documentation.
- For more information about User-Centric Perceived Performance metrics, visit the Google Developers Web Fundamentals Guides on Performance.
- Read more on our New Relic blog.
- Updated instrumentation of the History API: The history API methods are now instrumented on the History object constructor. This is to ensure that our instrumentation does not override other libraries that wrap these methods.
- Updated instrumentation of DOM API methods: The DOM API methods used for JSONP instrumentation are now instrumented on the Node object prototype (as opposed to HTMLElement lower in the prototype chain). This is to ensure that our instrumentation does not override other libraries that wrap these methods.
How to upgrade
To upgrade your agent to the latest version, see Upgrade the Browser agent.