The end-of-life date for this agent version is July 29, 2019. To update to the latest agent version, see Update the agent. For more information, see End-of-life policy.
We're happy to announce the availability of version 184.108.40.206 of the New Relic PHP Agent, featuring Drupal 8 instrumentation. More details below.
End of Life Notices
- This release no longer supports any backdoor exceptions to run threaded Apache MPM. PHP itself is unstable in this environment.
- This is the last release of the PHP agent for BSD (either 32-bit or 64-bit.)
- This is the last release for the 32-bit variants of Mac OSX. 64-bit Mac OSX will still be supported.
- This release no longer ships with any backdoor support for PHP 5.1.
Experimental Drupal 8 support
Drupal 8 is now supported by the PHP agent's framework detection code. This support should be considered "experimental" given the pre-release nature of Drupal 8. Drupal 8 applications will have their transactions named correctly, and will also generate the same module, hook and view metrics as Drupal 6 and 7 applications. This support can be forced by setting the
newrelic.frameworkconfiguration setting to
drupal8if auto-detection fails.
- All customers running on old x86 hardware that does not support the SSE3 instruction set (such as early releases of the AMD Opteron) should upgrade to this release as soon as possible. Prior to this release, the daemon inadvertently contained SSE3 instructions which would cause an illegal instruction on such hardware. The only way the SSE3 instructions were executed was when we changed the choice and priority of SSL cipher algorithms at our data center, and we would like to change those priorities by the end of 2Q2014.
Fixed a bug with file_get_contents instrumentation.
Fixed a bug which would cause the default context to be ignored by file_get_contents when a context parameter was not provided. This issue was causing customer API calls to fail in certain situations. The previous remedy was to disable cross-application tracing to work around the issue. This is now fixed.