- Transaction events and PageView events now include a common attribute, nr.tripId, which can be used to correlate between them in data returned by Insights. This allows, for example, the browser page load time information and the server page serve time for a web application to be considered together rather than separately.
- A new, scriptable, installer is now available for the .NET Agent. This new installer makes it easier to perform unattended installations of the agent. This installer does not require .NET 3.5. If it is used to install the agent on a 64-bit machine, then both the 32-bit and 64-bit applications will be instrumented. The existing MSI installer is still recommended if you prefer an interactive installation process. For details, see: https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/agents/net-agent/installation-configurati....
- Fix an issue where the agent imposes a limitation on throughput for applications using datastores for which instance information is not currently supported.
- Fixed a bug where the database name was not being captured from Microsoft SQL Server connections for the purposes of datastore instance reporting.
- For upgrade instructions, see Upgrade the .NET agent.
- If you are upgrading from a particularly old agent, see Upgrading legacy .NET agents for a list of major changes to the .NET agent.