June 7, 2012
.NET agent v22.214.171.124
- After deployment of a site, the site would throw a TypeLoadException "Could not load 'NewRelic.Agent.Core.AgentShim' from assembly mscorlib", because of a stale assembly token cache used within the agent.
- Segments in transactions for .NET MVC applications were being mis-labeled with System.Web.Mvc.ProcessRequest(async). This has been renamed to System.Web.Mvc.ProcessBeginRequest()[async] to reflect the actual name of the framework method being instrumented. This is because System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler now implements IHttpAsyncHandler.
- The agent installer will no longer allow users who are not administrators to complete the installation. This prevents the agent from being improperly installed.
- Turned off the metrics for the execution pipeline steps. The agent still generates transaction trace segments for the calls, so the user will still be able to diagnose the pipeline without the execution pipeline steps.
April 27, 2012
.NET agent v126.96.36.199
- Do a better job of exercising some diagnostic print statements.
- Strip off the generic qualifier (backtick and beyond) in Exception names when comparing names with a list of exception names to ignore.
- Make the diagnostic tool more robust, and release in an architecture-neutral format.
- The diagnostic tool now only writes to stdout.
- Change SQL obfuscator to correctly handle escaped quotes in strings, and to obfuscate more literal constants.
- Log (at finest level) obfuscated SQL and the generated metric name for SQL queries.
- Change the diagnostic tool to ternary logic, reporting PASS, WARN and FAIL; some errors reading registry now marked as WARN.
- Disable tracers for HttpWebRequest.SerializeHeaders and HttpWebResponse.Close, as the data collected by those is not yet used.
- Copy comments from newrelic.xml into newrelic.xsd to help xml aware editors.
- Log timestamps now contain millisecond accurate data.
- Stability enhancements in profiler core.
- Fix fusion log binding errors from the New Relic Agent.
February 20, 2012
.NET agent v2.0.7
- Extend the command-line tool NewRelic.DiagnosticTool.exe to try to write to logs, %TMP% and to the registry.
- Add DiagnosticToolDocumentation.html that describes the DiagnosticTool.
- Improve error messages and error recovery when web.config file or any of the xml configuration files are lexically, syntactically or semantically incorrect.
- Fix a bug in the way some text is rendered in the event viewer.
January 26, 2012
.NET agent v2.0.6
- Fix a bug when profiling functions with non-builtin value types as arguments. such as "KeyValuePair", "Decimal", etc.
- Make the profiler's interaction with the CLR memory more robust.
- Improve documentation on how to write custom instrumentation specifications.
- Extend the command-line tool NewRelic.DiagnosticTool.exe to check for more conditions, up to and including successful profiling.
- Page names collected from ASP are now downcased before being collected by the RPM, to match implicit case-insensitive behavior on windows.
- Allow Azure wawebhost.exe and waworkerhost.exe to be profiled executables.
- Copyrights to 2012.
December 7, 2011
.NET agent v2.0.5
- Bug fixes, debugging support and stability improvements
- Do not profile functions ending with .Dispose or .Finalize
- Do not reprofile functions that have already been profiled
- Load files in extensions directory in alphabetical order
- Support profiling functions that contain switch statements
- Fix bugs involving exception clauses for corner cases
- Fix bugs involving rewrites of short branch statements
- Fix some memory leaks for error paths in the profiler
- SQL declare, waitfor and execute keywords now supported
- Minor changes and bug fixes in documentation
- Rethrow ThreadAbortExceptions in profiled code