- Added support for Java 20 1226
- Prevented a NullPointerException from the lettuce instrumentation 1204
- Fix failure with browser agent auto injection for tomcat versions 8.5.87+ and 9.0.74+ 1225
To identify which version of the Java agent you're currently using, run
java -jar newrelic.jar -v. Your Java agent version will be printed to your console.
Then, to update to the latest Java agent version:
- Back up the entire Java agent root directory to another location. Rename that directory to
#.#.#is the agent version number.
- Download the agent.
- Unzip the new agent download file, then copy
newrelic.jarinto the original Java agent root directory.
- Compare your old
newrelic.ymlwith the newly downloaded
newrelic.ymlfrom the zip, and update the file if needed.
- Restart your Java dispatcher.
If you experience issues after the Java agent update, restore from the backed-up New Relic agent directory.
We add new settings to
newrelic.yml as we release new versions of the agent. You can use
diff or another diffing utility to see what's changed, and add the new config settings to your old file. Make sure not to overwrite any customizations you've made to the file, such as your license key, app name, or changes to default settings.
For example, if you
diff the default
newrelic.yml files for Java agent versions 7.10.0 and 7.11.0, the results printed to the console will be like:
➜ diff newrelic_7.10.0.yml newrelic_7.11.0.yml...107a108,119> # Whether the log events should include context from loggers with support for that.> include_context_data:>> # When true, application logs will contain context data.> enabled: false>> # A comma separated list of attribute keys whose values should be sent to New Relic.> #include:>> # A comma separated list of attribute keys whose values should not be sent to New Relic.> #exclude:>125a138>128c141< enabled: false---> enabled: true...
In this example, these lines were added to the default
newrelic.yml in Java agent version 7.11.0. If you are moving to 7.11.0 or higher, you should add these new lines to your original
- New Relic recommends that you upgrade the agent regularly to ensure that you're getting the latest features and performance benefits. Additionally, older releases will no longer be supported when they reach end-of-life.