Query data in UI
Reasons to query your data from the New Relic UI:
- To answer a specific question
- To create a custom chart or dashboard
Use NRQL in the UI
The New Relic query language (NRQL) lets you use the same language we use to retrieve data and build charts. Use NRQL in these places:
Just getting started with NRQL? See Introduction to NRQL.
Use simpler (NRQL-less) queries in the UI
New Relic One offers several experiences that don't require knowledge of NRQL:
- Chart builder (basic mode): general query and chart-building experience.
- Distributed tracing query: a specialized UI for querying traces.
- Logs query: a specialized UI for querying New Relic Logs data.
Query data via API
For more on New Relic APIs, see Introduction to New Relic APIs.
Understand data types
To understand your New Relic-stored data better, see Data types.