Query data in UI
Reasons to query your data from the New Relic UI:
- To answer a specific question
- To create a custom chart or dashboard
There are two ways to query data in the New Relic UI: using a simple query interface, or using our query language NRQL.
Use a simple query interface
- Chart builder (basic mode): general query and chart-building experience.
- Distributed tracing query: a specialized UI for querying traces.
- Logs query: a specialized UI for querying New Relic Logs data.
The New Relic query language (NRQL) lets you use the same language we use to retrieve data and build charts. This gives you greater control and power than the simpler non-NRQL query interfaces provide. You can use NRQL in these places:
Query data via API
For more on New Relic APIs, see Introduction to New Relic APIs.
Understand data types
To understand your New Relic-reported data better, see Data types.