New Relic documentation exists on these sites:
The Japanese site contains the same docs as the English site—some translated into Japanese, others in English.
Every doc on both sites includes a Language dropdown to toggle between the two sites. If a doc has not yet been translated, it still appears on the Japanese site in English.
Every doc's frontmatter includes its translation status.
If the translate field is blank, the doc has not been translated into any other languages.
If the translate field has a language abbreviation, such as
jp, then the doc has been translated, will be translated, or is under consideration for translation.
To request a doc for translation:
- Make sure the doc meets criteria for translation, such as:
- High traffic, particularly for that audience
- Strategic importance to company
- Introductory and conceptual docs that tell a valuable story about the product or feature
- Demonstrated customer interest in that market (for example, the Windows/.NET stack is particularly important in Japan)
- Allows us to tell a "complete" story (for example, including all installation docs for a particular language so we can offer a complete experience)
- File a DOC JIRA outlining your business case.
The Tech Docs team will follow up with you for additional details, forward your request to the translation project team, and notify you when your doc has been translated.
Every two weeks the translation services company automatically runs a program that compares changes between the English and Japanese sites. If a translated doc has changes, typically it will be re-translated. If budget considerations affect updates to a translated doc, the translation project team will work with the Tech Docs team and the requester to approve and prioritize the update.
The site's front end uses the doc's translation status information to display the SEO
hreflang element for a page. This tells search engines that the page also has a version available in the specific language.
<link rel="alternate" href="https://docs.newrelic.co.jp" hreflang="ja" />
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.