This doc explains the difference between Titles and Short titles. It also delves into how these are affected and affect Paths and Redirects.
Titles are the title rendered at the top of each doc. The title of this doc is Titles vs Short Titles vs Path vs Redirects.
The title of a document is define in the front matter. This doc's title is defined below:
---title: Titles vs Short Titles vs Path vs Redirects---
Short titles are displayed in the left nav. These are used in cases where the title is a bit too long to be easily scanned. The Short title of this doc is Titles vs Short titles.
The Short title is defined in the corresponding navigation file. This doc's short title is define in
- title: Tablespath: /docs/style-guide/quick-reference/tables
Read more about editing the left nav.
The path and file name of a specific doc has no bearing on the title of that doc. The path for this doc is
/docs/style-guide/quick-reference/tables. Notice that although the file is named
tables, neither the title or the short title is called
Redirects fully ignore the title, short title, and path of a doc. It will redirect you to wherever the redirect points. Read more about redirects.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's and and documentation.