Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 15:00
New in this release
- The agent has added API methods to report handled exception events to Insights! Details and examples of how to use the new APIs can be found in the Android SDK API document recordHandledException. We've also updated the document that describes how to query handled exception events from Insights: Insights query examples for New Relic Mobile provides useful queries for examining handled exception event data. Apps that use Proguard or Dexguard may have to make adjustments to their Proguard configuration to preserve all exception information. Please review Configure ProGuard or DexGuard for Android Apps for more details.
- Added support for automatic instrumentation when using Android Gradle plugin version 3 (used by Android Studio 3).
Fixed in this release
- HttpURLConnection requests now return the correct status codes in MobileRequest events
- Report carrier type as 'Unknown' if a valid carrier type can not be determined
- Restore instrumentation of Android support classes (missing since version 5.13.0)