This release of the Python agent removes previously deprecated APIs, makes SSL communication with New Relic mandatory, and updates support for aiohttp middleware.
Removed previously deprecated APIs
The following APIs have been removed:
- transaction (use current_transaction)
- name_transaction (use set_transaction_name)
- Application.record_metric (use Application.record_custom_metric)
- Application.record_metrics (use Application.record_custom_metrics)
- Transaction.notice_error (use Transaction.record_exception)
- Transaction.record_metric (use Transaction.record_custom_metric)
- Transaction.name_transaction (use Transaction.set_transaction_name)
Transaction.add_user_attribute has been deprecated in favor of Transaction.add_custom_parameter. Transaction.add_user_attribute will be removed in a future release.
Transaction.add_user_attributes has been deprecated in favor of Transaction.add_custom_parameters. Transaction.add_user_attributes will be removed in a future release.
wrap_callable has been deprecated in favor of FunctionWrapper. wrap_callable will be removed in a future release.
Remove data-source admin command
The platform API (used by newrelic-admin data-source) has been removed. Please use data sources in place of the platform API.
SSL connections to New Relic are now mandatory
Prior to this version, using an SSL connection to New Relic was the default behavior. SSL connections are now enforced (not overrideable).
Add automatic tracing of AIOHTTP 3 middleware
In addition to the old-style middleware previously supported, the AIOHTTP 3 style middleware is now automatically traced as part of the AIOHTTP instrumentation package.