Saturday, December 7, 2013 - 10:43
End of Life
- Before, there were certain circumstances under which an application would crash without New Relic installed, but wouldn't crash with it. This has been fixed, and applications with New Relic installed now crash consistently. The error tracer is now also considerably simpler.
- Added a security policy. See the new section in README.md or read SECURITY.md.
- Future-proofed the MongoDB instrumentation and prevented the module from breaking GridFS.
- Made a small tweak that should reduce the amount of blocking file I/O done by the module.
- The module's instrumentation and harvest cycle will now not hold the process open in Node 0.9+. This should make it easier for processes to shut themselves down cleanly with New Relic running.
- The environment information gatherer will no longer crash if it tries to read a directory where it's expecting a file.
- Errors thrown during the execution of Express routes or Connect middlewares that were attached to requests that ended in HTTP status codes configured to be ignored by default will now be ignored correctly.
- Made the module play nicer with Node's REPL. It no longer assumes that an application necessarily has a main module.
- A few tweaks were made to support the CoolBeans dependency injection framework.
- Several log messages were demoted to a less chatty level.