Saturday, November 9, 2013 - 01:25
End of Life
- Added support for key transactions and New Relic's new alerting policies.
- The agent no longer renames transactions for requests that end in error to the gnomic and unhelpful '400/*' (or whatever the final HTTP status code ends up being). This should make the traced errors tab considerably more useful.
- Improved instrumentation for legacy
http.Clientclient methods. A few modules still use these legacy API calls, and the old instrumentation was just plain wrong.
- Changed how the error tracer deals with certain kinds of errors to deal with differences between Node versions 0.8 and 0.10. It should now convert throws into fatal errors less frequently.
- Removed useless fs.readDir instrumentation, which generated a lot of metrics but which New Relic was unable to display in any useful form. Maybe it will come back someday in a more useful incarnation.