Monday, March 18, 2019 - 16:30
- Fixed issue where transactions may not get reported when custom instrumentation is applied to async methods with a void return type. Instrumenting async void methods is generally not recommended and may result in unexpected segment timing as well as the disruption of downstream instrumentation. Please review async limitations online help for alternative approaches.
- [.NET Core] Adds support for .NET Core 3.0
- [.NET Core] Adds support for ASP.NET Core 3.0
- [.NET Framework] Adds support for .NET Framework 4.8 Early Access build 3694
- Adds official support for Postgres/Npgsql versions 4.0.
- Supports Sync and Async methods, on .Net Framework and .Net Core running in Windows and Linux.
- Eliminates duplicate and extraneous datastore metrics and trace segments associated with opening connections to databases (as seen in prior agent versions).
- Npgsql versions older than 4.0 may also be instrumented, but duplicate and/or missing metrics are possible.
- Adds improved WCF support
- WCF client calls are tracked as external calls
- WCF client synchronous and asynchronous programming model (following the begin/end asynchronous pattern) calls are tracked.