Wednesday, January 16, 2013 - 18:54
- Extends the uri reported in the external call labels in transaction traces so that users can see both the host and the resource being called.
- Rewrote the installer.
- You no longer need to uninstall before re-installing the agent. You can simply run the new installer and it will upgrade your old install.
- The installer no longer requires administrative rights at start to complete successfully. It will ask for elevation (on newer OSs) when needed and give reasonable error messages when it doesn't have enough permission (on older OSs).
- If you instrument non-IIS applications you should no longer manually set environment variables manually. Instead, during install choose the "Instrument All .NET Applications" feature. If you have already installed run the installer again and choose "Change".
- Configuration and log files are now stored in %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\New Relic.NET Agent\ instead of Program Files.
- The API is now optionally installed and should only be needed on development machines and build servers.
- Restores request queuing metrics being reported by the agent - they will now appropriately appear in the overview graphs