Java Agent 3.5.0

Released on: 
Wednesday, March 5, 2014 - 17:49

Notes

  • New Relic supports WildFly 8.0

    The Java Agent now provides instrumentation for WildFly 8.0. You will see the same great visibility into your web transactions, app server stats, and frameworks that you have with previous versions of JBoss.

  • Fix: PostgreSQL explain plan bug

    Fixes PostgreSQL bug that allowed parameters to be sent in explain plans under some circumstances. Parameters are now masked prior to sending when explain plans are enabled (explain_enabled: true) and record_sql is set to 'obfuscated'.

  • Fix: SQL parameter obfuscation didn't work if the parameter value contained a newline

    The record_sql: obfuscated config setting did not properly mask parameters when it included a newline character. This bug has been fixed.

  • Agent no longer supports obfuscation of individual fields

    Previous versions of the agent allowed an obfuscated_sql_fields option to select specific field names to obfuscate when record_sql: raw. We have discovered rare cases in which this feature would not mask SQL parameters correctly, so we have removed the configuration option. Now, if obfuscated_sql_fields is set, the setting of record_sql: raw is ignored and all fields are masked.

  • Fix: In some cases, an agent could fail to reconnect to New Relic

    Fixed several issues that in rare cases could cause the agent to cease reporting data until JVM restart.

  • Fix: Transaction name specified in XML configuration was being ignored

    In some cases transaction names set in XML files in the extensions folder were being ignored. This bug has been fixed in this release.

  • Fix: Jetty 9.1 transactions were not showing up in 3.3.x or higher agents

    Starting with the 3.3.1 agent, customers were not seeing transactions from Jetty 9.1. This bug has been fixed.

  • Fix: Websphere 7.0 was not being instrumented

    Starting in agent version 3.3.0, WebSphere 7.0 was not being instrumented. This bug has been fixed.

  • Fix: Solr tabs in UI not always appearing

    If you are running a Solr application and not seeing any tabs, please update to this version.