This is a bugfix release for the legacy Java SE5 version of the agent. Unless you are a Java SE5 user, use the latest version of the New Relic Java agent.
- Fixed an issue that in rare cases could cause the agent to cease reporting data until JVM restart.
- X-ray sessions sometimes return no transaction traces. Many x-ray session runs can cause a memory leak.
- Higher overhead with Play 2 than later releases.
- Does not work properly with Play 2.2
akka.actor.ActorKilledExceptionas an error.
- Play transaction does not complete until timeout expires
- When using Play,
ignoreTransactioncall does not take effect
- In some cases running Weblogic, the Java agent fails certificate validation when connecting to New Relic. This may require a workaround.
- This release contains some inconsistencies in the instrumentation of Hibernate across versions.
- This release requires a workaround to use SSL with WebSphere.
- Potential memory leak when app continually creates ClassLoaders.
- Rare memory leak if agent does not report to New Relic for an extended period.
- When running IBM JVM without WebSphere, you must set the
sync_startupflag set to true in the common section of
newrelic.yml: sync_startup: true.
If you require a workaround for one of these issues, please open a ticket at support.newrelic.com.