As part of New Relic's support for OpenTelemetry Protocol (OTLP) attributes can contain arrays. Arrays are a data structure that contains an ordered collection of values.
Currently only simple arrays are supported. You can query them with NRQL.
Simple arrays are used to store a list of values of the same primitive type; for example, numeric, boolean, or string. An array looks like
[1, 2, 3, 4, 5] or
[“US”, “CA”, “UK” ].
- Arrays can be used as an attribute for
- Functions such as
contains()can be run on arrays.
- Arrays can contain up to 64 elements.
- Comparison operators such as
INare not supported with arrays.
- Arrays cannot be aggregated with aggregator functions such as
- Arrays cannot contain other arrays. For example,
[“UK”, “US”, [“CA”, “OR”, “ATL”] ]are not allowed.
- Arrays cannot contain