As part of New Relic's support for OpenTelemetry Protocol (OTLP) attributes can contain arrays. Arrays are a data structure that contains an ordered collection of values.
Currently only simple arrays are supported. You can query them with NRQL. To quickly verify that any data is in an array, you can use the JSON chart type to see if the data displays as an array.
Simple arrays are used to store a list of values of the same primitive type; for example, numeric, boolean, or string. An array looks like
[1, 2, 3, 4, 5] or
["US", "CA", "UK"].
- Array attributes are supported in the
- The functions
contains()can be run on arrays.
latest()aggregator functions are also supported.
- Arrays can contain up to 64 elements.
- Comparison operators such as
INare not supported with arrays.
- Arrays cannot be aggregated with other aggregator functions such as
- Arrays cannot contain other arrays. For example,
["UK", "US", ["CA", "OR", "ATL"]]are not allowed.
- Arrays cannot contain