New Relic Infrastructure integrations allow you to send data from popular products and services to New Relic products. This document gives a brief introduction to on-host (non-cloud) integrations.
Access to on-host integration data is available only with Infrastructure Pro. For subscription details, see the Infrastructure product page.
What are on-host integrations?
New Relic integrations can be categorized as either cloud or on-host. Unlike cloud-based integrations, on-host integrations reside on your own servers or hosts. These include:
- On-host integrations built by New Relic
- Custom on-host integrations built using New Relic's Integrations SDK
After you install and activate an integration, you can:
- Filter and analyze the metrics and configuration data in New Relic Infrastructure.
- Query your data and create custom dashboards in New Relic Insights.
- Create alert conditions to monitor problems with your services' performance in New Relic Alerts.
To get started with on-host integrations:
- Browse the on-host integrations built by New Relic to see if you can use their features and data.
- If you do not already have New Relic Infrastructure, install the Infrastructure agent for your operating system.
- Follow the procedures to install and configure the selected on-host integration, including prerequisites for compatibility and other requirements.
- Optional: If New Relic does not offer an on-host integration for the service you use, create your own integration with New Relic's Integrations SDK.