The New Relic Prometheus API allows you to integrate New Relic as a Grafana data source to easily query data stored in New Relic. These queries rely on the PromQL query language within Grafana.
Use existing Grafana dashboards with New Relic
When you set up the Prometheus remote-write integration and configure New Relic as a Prometheus data source in Grafana, you can use existing Grafana dashboards and seamlessly tap into the additional monitoring, reliability, and scale provided by New Relic.
Compatibility and requirements
Before you begin, make sure you’ve completed the Prometheus integration and are running a recent enough version of Grafana.
- You must have the Prometheus remote-write integration set up before you can configure New Relic Prometheus data sources in Grafana.
- You can only configure New Relic Prometheus data sources using this method in Grafana versions 6.7.0 or newer. You will need to configure custom headers in the UI, and this isn’t possible with earlier versions. For details, see Configure New Relic as a Prometheus data source for Grafana.
Get data flowing in Grafana
To make your New Relic data available in Grafana, you can configure a new or existing Prometheus data source in just a couple of simple steps:
- In the Grafana UI, add and configure a new data source.
- Save the new data source and start viewing your data.
Ready to configure a Grafana data source?
- Read the how-to documentation for the Prometheus remote write integration.
- Read the how-to documentation for configuring Prometheus data sources in Grafana.