With New Relic's infrastructure monitoring agent for Windows, you can monitor individual servers and also analyze how your service performs as a whole. The Windows agent can run on your own hardware or in cloud systems such as Amazon EC2 or Windows Azure.
To use infrastructure monitoring and the rest of our observability platform, join the New Relic family! Sign up to create your free account in only a few seconds. Then ingest up to 100GB of data for free each month. Forever.
Before installation, be sure to review the requirements. Then, to install the infrastructure monitoring agent for Windows, you can use our launcher, or follow the instructions in this document to complete a basic installation.
If you don't have a New Relic account yet, or prefer to follow the procedure manually, follow our step-by-step tutorial, which follows.
To install the infrastructure monitoring agent, use our PowerShell script, or follow the step-by-step instructions:
- Add custom attributes to annotate your infrastructure data.
- Connect your AWS account if your servers are hosted on Amazon EC2.
- Enable log forwarding.
- Add other New Relic infrastructure integrations to collect data from external services.
For custom setup scenarios, you can install the infrastructure monitoring agent using our zip files in assisted or manual modes. This is especially useful when you need to adapt the default installation settings to your environment.
Installing the infrastructure monitoring agent using zip files is not supported.
To upgrade to the latest version, follow standard procedures to update the infrastructure monitoring agent.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.