Read on to learn how to update the infrastructure agent to the latest version for Linux and Windows servers.
The infrastructure agent does not update itself automatically. Check the infrastructure agent release notes to make sure you have the latest agent version.
To view the current infrastructure agent version for a host, use any of these options:
- Go to one.newrelic.com > Infrastructure > Settings > Agents > Agent version.
- Go to one.newrelic.com > Infrastructure > Hosts > (select a host).
- Create a query for
If you used the default installation process, use your package manager to update the program and its dependencies to the latest version. Here are examples for some common systems:
Since there are are no automated scripts, old files may remain when you update. Be sure to manually remove outdated files.
latest label to ensure that our Docker image is automatically updated.
You can use the Infrastructure monitoring UI to search for outdated agent versions:
- Go to one.newrelic.com > Infrastructure > Inventory****.
- In the search bar, type
- Select a group's dropdown to see the agent versions for that group.
To manually check the infrastructure agent versions, you can log onto a server and run
newrelic-infra --version, or the applicable command for your package manager.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.