Each cloud account you link to New Relic infrastructure monitoring (for example, AWS or Azure) has an account status dashboard that shows how our platform is handling data from that cloud service provider.
Why it matters
Reasons to monitor this dashboard include:
- Understand API call usage. We use cloud APIs to collect metrics and inventory data. The dashboards show counts and frequencies for those API calls. You may want to monitor these for two reasons: API calls can cost money, and your API usage may be throttled at certain usage levels. To decrease usage, you can configure integration settings to reduce the number of components you monitor or how frequently they're monitored.
- Troubleshoot missing data or other data issues. The dashboard displays information that affects how integrations report data, including:
- Errors that affect New Relic collecting data, like permission errors or quota exhaustion errors.
- Changes to integration configuration, like polling interval changes, or tag-collection being disabled or enabled.
Understand dashboard data
The specific data displayed on the account status dashboard will differ by cloud service provider. Common charts include:
- Data updates: Shows updates to metric data or inventory data (updates shown as a
- Account changes: Actions affecting how the integration works. For example: renaming or unlinking a cloud account, changing polling intervals, and other configuration options.
- Data freshness: Timestamp of the last data point collected for each integration.
- Fetching errors: These indicate issues with collecting data. (This may be a problem on the cloud-provider side.)
Options for better understanding chart data include:
- Mouse over a chart’s icon to see a chart description (if available).
- View the chart's underlying NRQL query.
Find account status dashboard
To find the account status dashboard for a cloud service provider:
- From one.newrelic.com > All capabilities > Infrastructure, and select a cloud service provider (for example, AWS).
- Select Account status dashboard for the cloud account.