The alert policy's condition includes the option to identify the URL for your runbook instructions. This allows you to link to information or standard procedures for handling an incident triggered when a situation violates the alert thresholds.
Owner, Admins or add-on managers
To add, update, or delete the URL with runbook instructions associated with the alert policy's condition:
- Go to alerts.newrelic.com > Alert policies > (select a policy) > Alert conditions > (selected condition).
- From the condition's Thresholds section, select Add runbook URL, and provide the full path for the appropriate URL (runbook URL, URL to internal wiki page, etc.).
- Optional: To change or delete an existing runbook URL from the alert condition, select Remove.
- Select Save condition.
New Relic Alerts includes your runbook URL in Incidents details and in email notifications for the policy violation so that personnel will know exactly what to do.
For more help
Additional documentation resources include:
- Alert policy workflow (basic process to set up your alert policies, regardless of which New Relic product uses the alert policy)
- View or update user email channels (maintaining the selected account's user emails as notification channels in New Relic Alerts)
- Explore the incident history (examine details about alert policy violations and incidents, take action, and skim for patterns)