We use this cheatsheet to help us scope projects in a consistent way.
- What's the elevator pitch for the feature? What's the user value?
- What are the most exciting tasks/stories we can tell for this feature?
- Who is the primary audience?
- Any docs deliverables you already have in mind?
- What are you working on right now?
- When does this "release" (private beta, public beta, GA, etc.)?
- If private beta, how many customers and do they need docs?
- Who will write first drafts?
- Do you need any templates?
- Does this need a liaison?
- Is there a test account/is this in staging?
- Are there mockups or other resources?
- Do you have any other collateral to share?
- Who is the primary reviewer (and backups)?
- Who is product manager?
- Who is lead dev?
- Who is the designer?
- Who is program manager?
- Who is the researcher? Are we doing any user research?
- Who is the PMM?
- Who is the support point person?
- Who is writing?
- When is it due?
- Do we need tickets?
- Who is following up with who?
We welcome thoughts or questions on our handbook! The easiest way to get in touch is to file a GitHub issue.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.