August 28, 2017
.NET agent v126.96.36.199
- Custom instrumentation can now be declared by applying the agent API's new Transaction and Trace attributes to methods. Using the Transaction attribute, transactions can be marked as Web vs. Non-Web. For more information, see Custom instrumentation via attributes.
- Fixes bug preventing instrumented apps from shutting down due to Profiler failure to detach.
August 3, 2017
.NET agent v188.8.131.52
- Adds instrumentation for OWIN hosted Web API applications on .NET framework using Microsoft.Owin.Host.HttpListener versions 3.* Instrumentation includes async-await support.
- Adds async-await support for OWIN hosted Web API applications on .NET framework using Microsoft.Owin.Host.HttpListener versions 2.*.
- Fixed an issue where SQL instrumentation could raise exceptions and cause it to shutdown.
- Error traces now include the full stack trace, including any inner exceptions.
July 12, 2017
.NET agent v184.108.40.206
- Performance improvements when slowSQL is enabled, particularly for apps with lots of slow SQL queries.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing the proper setting of Key Transaction Apdex scores based on their configured ApdexT values.
- Fixed an issue preventing the collection of transaction traces for Key Transactions based on their configured ApdexT values.
June 15, 2017
.NET agent v6.13.366.0
- Agent overhead is reduced for transactions composed of an unusually large number of small activities.
- Enhanced low-level logging to improve supportability.
- Fixed a problem with new installs using the Thin Installer where false permission errors could be reported.
May 24, 2017
.NET agent v220.127.116.11
- In some cases, the trace breakdown table overreported segment times. This happened when these three conditions were met, 1. instrumentation occurred through custom XML files, 2. the segment name was overridden, and 3. the segment contained child segments.
May 17, 2017
May 11, 2017
.NET agent v18.104.22.168
- The .NET agent no longer supports Windows Server 2003. Applications running on Windows Server 2003 will be required to use .NET agent version 6.11 or lower. For more information, get support at support.newrelic.com or download the agent at https://download.newrelic.com/
- Reduced overhead of the agent for transactions that contain many segments.
- Reduced performance overhead for instrumented methods. Low latency, high-throughput applications may also see a reduction in CPU overhead.
- Reduced the overhead associated with method JITs. This will reduce the overall startup time and memory footprint of instrumented applications.
- Methods associated with wrappers that have been disabled due to too many exceptions are no longer instrumented by the default wrapper. The previous behavior could result in orphaned metrics and a potential degradation in performance.
May 4, 2017
.NET agent v 6.11.613.0
- A new configuration option to supply a proxy URI path has been added to the
- Resolved issue where
service.requestparameters, if present, were being transmitted to New Relic as part of an error analytics event.
- Fixed issue that could cause a
SerializationExceptionand cause metrics to be dropped.
- Fixed bug that would cause performance degradation for deeply nested segments.
- Fixes issue where scoped metrics would be dropped from an initial custom transaction when a second custom transaction was created. Impacts transaction created using the
- Setting slowSql in newrelic.config to 'false' will now turn off slow SQL traces in the agent. This setting defaults to true. Server configuration values for this setting will override the value in the newrelic.config file.
- Removed the generation of unscoped metrics in cases where a transaction was not available. The generation of these metrics has been found to have a noticeable negative performance impact, particularly to low-latency/high-throughput applications. This impact typically shows up as a drop in throughput and higher CPU overhead. The vast majority of these metrics are not visible unless added to a custom dashboard. Datastore and External metrics, however, were visible on their respective pages and will no longer be displayed unless associated with a transaction.
- Fixed an issue when end-user monitoring is enabled that could cause some UTF-8 characters to get corrupted.
- The .NET agent now sends up the
externalDurationattributes when the value is 0.
April 5, 2017
.NET agent v 22.214.171.124
- Fixed issue where "Query plan threshold" from server settings was being incorrectly interpreted. This caused a spike in SQL traces as well as explain plan executions for clients using server configuration.
- Fixed a potential memory leak when an update to agent configuration is performed.
March 16, 2017
.NET agent v126.96.36.199
- Fixes a bug where a SerializationException message is generated in New Relic log during monitoring of asychronous calls.
- Resolved issue where newrelic.config changes were not being picked up by the agent.
- For upgrade instructions, see Upgrade the .NET agent.
- If you are upgrading from a particularly old agent, see Upgrading legacy .NET agents for a list of major changes to the .NET agent.