- Modifying custom instrumentation XML files can now be performed without having to restart the monitored application. Instrumentation updates will be applied ‘dynamically’ at runtime. This feature required functionality provided by new APIs introduced in .NET Framework 4.5 and newer, which this release also addresses (see ‘Framework Support’ section below).
- Security Bulletin NR18-04: Fixes issue where error messages were not fully being filtered out of error traces and error events when High-security mode was enabled.
- Fixed an issue with automatic browser monitoring which could cause a stack overflow exception.
- For custom instrumentation, the metricName parameter will be honored without needing to set transactionNamingPriority.
- The scriptable installer will now successfully install and uninstall in scenarios where there is a space in the path to the installation files.
- This release of the agent removes support for .NET Framework versions earlier than 4.5. See our community post about this from November of last year, for more details.
- This is not an end of life for the 6.x agents (that support older .NET Frameworks), which will continue to work and report into New Relic.