You can use New Relic's Ansible role to install and configure our infrastructure monitoring agent. For instructions on how to use Ansible, see the Ansible documentation. This is a community-supported effort.
New Relic provides configuration management sample code to help you install our infrastructure monitoring agent using workflows and tools that are common with many Ops teams. This is a basic Ansible role and is intended to be used as a starting place for creating your own customized workflow.
Configuration depends on your specific setup and standards. To view an Ansible sample role and more integration information, see the Ansible Galaxy documentation.
The Ansible role with New Relic's infrastructure monitoring agent requires a supported Linux operating system.
To use Ansible configurations and infrastructure monitoring, as well as the rest of our observability platform, join the New Relic family! Sign up to create your free account in only a few seconds. Then ingest up to 100GB of data for free each month. Forever.
- Adds the New Relic infrastructure agent package repository source.
- Installs and configures the infrastructure agent.
To get started using this role:
- Include the role in your playbook.
- Customize the required variables.
All typical interactions with
newrelic.newrelic-infra use role configuration. Here is an example of configuring your role to install the infrastructure agent:
- hosts: ap_northeast_1 roles: - name: newrelic.newrelic-infra vars: nrinfragent_os_name: YOUR_OS_NAME nrinfragent_os_version: YOUR_OS_VERSION nrinfragent_config: license_key: YOUR_LICENSE_KEY log_file: /var/log/newrelic/nr-infra.log log_to_stdout: false
Here are available variables for configuring the
Required. A map of key-value pairs. Corresponds directly with the available general configuration settings.
Describes what you want to do with the agent:
The version of the agent you want to install:
Specifies the target OS that the infrastructure agent will be installed on. See the
Specifies the OS version of the installer package needed for this machine. See the
If you need additional help, file an issue at newrelic/infrastructure-agent-ansible on GitHub.