You can add public or private notes to charts in the New Relic APM user interface.
- Public notes can be viewed by anyone.
- Private notes can be viewed only by individuals who have access to your account.
The text editor supports some standard Markdown codes, including surrounding words with an asterisk (
*) to make them bold or surrounding them with an underscore (
_) to make them italic.
Add a note
The Notes function appears when you mouse over the APM chart or map. To create a note:
- Mouse over the chart or map.
- Below the chart, click ... More > Add to note.
- Type your comments, then select the option to create a new note or append it to an existing one.
- To append the note, select your choice from the dropdown.
- To return to the page, select Save and close. Or, to select additional options to edit, share, or delete the note, select Save and go to note.
The note automatically appears when you select Save and go to note. The background of the chart changes to green to indicate the presence of a note and the time period viewed when the note was created. The text of the note appears when you mouse over the green indicator.
View, edit, share, or delete a note
To view a list of all notes:
- Go to rpm.newrelic.com.
- Select Tools > Notes.
|If you want to...||Do this...|
|Make a note publicly accessible||
By default, the note is private when you first save it. It will only be visible to people with access to the account.
|Edit the note||
|View chart in context||
To view the chart, table, or map within the context of its UI page: Mouse over the chart, then select View graph with context.
|Delete a note||
|Edit or share other notes||