For New Relic products, the Permalink button creates a URL that displays the charts and data for the selected time range for the current page. Permalinks can be used to share data and charts with colleagues, New Relic support staff, or anyone who has access to your New Relic account.
Only people who can log into your New Relic account are able to view your permalink.
Create and share a permalink
Not all UI pages will have a permalink feature. If there is not a permalink available, other sharing options include: 1) sharing a chart image, 2) copying/pasting the URL (although this won't save an associated time range).
The location of the permalink button depends on the product:
- At the bottom of a New Relic UI page, select Permalink.
- Copy and paste the permalink URL where you'd like to share it: for example, in an email or online form.
- At the bottom of a New Relic Infrastructure UI page, select the overflow ellipsis-h icon.
- Select Permalink, which will copy the permalink URL to your paste buffer.
- Paste the permalink URL where you'd like to share it: for example, in an email or online form.
Use a permalink for support issues
Here are two ways you might use permalinks when corresponding with New Relic support:
- If you are posting a topic to community discussions in New Relic's Explorers Hub, you can paste a permalink URL into the text box.
- If you are contacting New Relic Support, you can paste the permalink URL into the Description area of a support ticket.