If you'd like to emphasize text in our docs, please follow these simple guidelines:
codefor things the user is likely to copy and paste, like a file path or a command line example.
- Use bold for anything else you need to emphasize, like a UI name or to highlight an important word.
We don't format text in our docs with italics.
Here are more specific guidelines our team uses.
APM Agent lists
Command line utility names
To install the utility, use
Stop IIS before running the installer.
File paths and file names
The agent looks for
Insights event names and attributes
To analyze APM errors, use the
To initialize the APM agent, use
In your web browser, navigate to the minion Overview page at
Pages, paths, fields, etc. in the user interface
If you have a UI object (page, tab, etc.) that also has link formatting, then you don't need to add the bold formatting.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.