To view summary information for your plugin: From the New Relic Plugins menu bar, select the plugin's name or icon.
Plugins is not supported with accounts that host data in the EU region data center.
Using plugin summary options
Depending on the plugin, the summary includes:
- One or more components or instances (what the plugin agent is monitoring, typically a host/port pair)
- Zero to five summary metrics for the past 3 minutes (values such as average, total, minimum, maximum, standard deviation, rate, or count) with optional alerts
- Recent Events list, including deployments, notifications, alerts
- Other information about alert violations, events, and activity
Using page functions
Every plugin's summary page includes standard New Relic user interface functions.
|If you want to...||Do this...|
|View version information for a component's or instance's agent||
Mouse over the component's name.
|View the component's (instance's) current health status||
Mouse over the colored bar with lines next to the component's (instance's) name.
The New Relic Plugins product automatically sorts your plugin's components (instances) by their current health status. Those with red (Critical) alert status appear first, followed by those with yellow (Caution) alert status, and last by those with green (active) status.
|Change the sort order||
On the title row of the plugin's summary page, select the up or down arrow for a component (instance) or a summary metric's label.
|Show or hide items on the events and activity list||
Select an event icon, or select All.
|View details about an event||
On the events and activity list, select the link.
|View page details for a component or instance||
Select the name or a summary metric for the component (instance).
|Search components or instances||
Plugins with 100 or more components or instances: From the search window above the list of components or instances, enter a keyword that will search for component or instance names that match.
For more help
Additional documentation resources include:
- Viewing the plugin's pages (standard procedures for navigating the plugin UI)
- View a plugin's alert information (how to view information about a plugin's alert policies, conditions, violations, and other activity directly from New Relic Plugins)
- The New Relic user interface (detailed information about using New Relic's UI)
- Getting plugin help (troubleshooting steps and additional help for your plugin)
- Viewing your plugin's usage (summary information for the plugin's publisher about usage, including accounts, components/instances, links, ratings, and reviews)