Good alerts help notify individuals or teams about changes in their systems. New Relic Alerts provides a single, coordinated alerting tool across New Relic products. This allows you to manage alert policies and conditions that focus on the metrics for entities (such as plugin components or instances in New Relic Plugins) that you care about the most.
After you set up one or more alert policies and define alert conditions for your New Relic product entities (targets), you can view that information in the New Relic Alerts UI. You can also view alert policy information in the UI for individual New Relic products.
Plugins is not supported with accounts that host data in the EU region data center.
View policies and conditions from Plugins
To view alert policy and condition information for a specific plugin's component (instance) directly from New Relic Plugins:
- From the New Relic menu bar, select Plugins > (selected plugin) > (selected plugin's component or instance) > Settings > Alert conditions.
- From the Alert conditions page, use the available tools to search, sort, view, or update the alert conditions and their associated policies.
View events and activities from Plugins
To view summary information about events and other activity directly from New Relic Plugins:
- From the New Relic menu bar, select Plugins > (selected plugin).
- From the index, mouse over the entity's color-coded health status, select a link from the Recent events list, or select a plugin component (instance) to view additional details.
For example, if a Critical alert violation occurs:
- The health status indicator turns red on the selected plugin's index and on the selected component (instance).
- The background color for various charts changes to pink.
- The Recent events list on the selected plugin's index and on the selected component's (instance's) Overview page shows Warning (yellow) and Critical (red) violations as applicable.
To learn more about the violation in New Relic Alerts, mouse over or select any pink area on a chart. For more information and examples, see View events from their products.
View alert violations from Plugins
If an alert condition has thresholds set up for Warning (yellow) or Critical (red) violations, the color-coded health status for a product entity will change to indicate a violation. You can view the violations directly from the plugin's page in New Relic Plugins:
- From the New Relic menu bar, select Plugins > (selected plugin) > (selected plugin's component or instance) > Events > Violations.
- From the Violations index, use the available tools to search, sort, or view violations for the selected plugin's component or instance.
- Optional: To view or update the alert policies, conditions, or thresholds that triggered the violations, select the corresponding link.
You can also view Warning and Critical violations from the New Relic Alerts UI for specific incidents or for incidents and events across all products. New Relic Alerts sends alert notifications only for Critical (red) violations.
For more help
Additional documentation resources include:
- Identify entities without alert policies (using the entity's color-coded health status to find out whether a product's component or entity (alert target) has one or more policies associated with it).
- View events from their products (using the health status indicator, list of events and activities, or charts to view detailed information about policy violations and other events or activities)
- REST API calls with New Relic Alerts (using New Relic's REST API (v2) and API Explorer to add, update, delete, or list New Relic Alerts data for your account)