This is an example installation using the New Relic Plugins Wikipedia plugin for Ruby.
Plugins is not supported with accounts that host data in the EU region data center.
Ruby plugin requirements
Requirements for Ruby plugins include:
- New Relic account
- Ruby >= 1.8.7
- Rubygems >= 1.8
- Bundler >= 1.3.0
- Git >= 1.8
Ruby installation example
This example refers to installing a Wikipedia example plugin.
Note: The Wikipedia example plugin may not visible in Plugin Central, as it is a "hidden" plugin that installs when you run the agent. You can also use any other plugin built with the Ruby SDK.
- Pull down the latest release tag from the newrelic_wikipedia_plugin repository.
- Extract the source to the location where you want to run your agent, and then change to that directory.
- To install the required dependencies, execute the bundle install command.
- From the config directory, copy the file template_newrelic_plugin.yml to newrelic_plugin.yml.
- Edit newrelic_plugin.yml to replace the string
YOUR_LICENSE_KEY_HEREwith the license key from your New Relic account.
- Start the agent with:
bundle exec ./newrelic_wikipedia_agent
Plugin example dashboard
To view plugin data, go to your New Relic Plugins menu bar, where you can select the plugin and view it directly.
- Sign in to New Relic.
- From the New Relic Plugins menu bar, select the Wikipedia plugin's menu name or icon.
- To view the Wikipedia plugin's default dashboard: From the Wikipedia plugin's summary page, select the component (instance).
You may need to wait a few minutes for data to appear.
For more help
Additional documentation resources include: