Plugins listed in New Relic's Plugin Central include a simple review system to allow you to share what you think of a plugin and to provide tips for others about installation and usage.
Viewing a plugin's details
To view plugin reviews: From the New Relic Plugins menu bar, select Plugins. The Plugin Central directory shows each published plugin. When you select an individual plugin's title or Get started link, reviews related to the plugin appear.
Viewing a plugin's reviews
Different aspects of the plugin appear on the plugin details page, including ratings and reviews.
- To rate the plugin: Select the rating stars.
- To write a review for the plugin, select Write a review below the plugin version information.
If you are the first person to review this plugin, a Write a review link appears instead of the number of reviews.
- The most recent reviews appear at the top of the list.
- Review authors may edit or delete their reviews at any time.
- Administrators reserve the right to delete reviews if necessary.
For more information, see Plugin feedback policy.
Reviewing a plugin
You can write as many reviews on as many plugins as you want. You can also edit or delete your own reviews. When you write a review for a plugin, if you have not already rated the plugin, you must provide a rating. Subsequent reviews will use the rating you provided. You can change your rating at any time.
To review a plugin:
- From the New Relic Plugins menu bar, select Plugins.
- From Plugin Central, select the plugin's title or the Get started button.
- On the plugin's Details page, select Write a review to begin writing your review. Provide a rating if you have not already done so. When finished, select Create review.
- Optional: To change one of your existing reviews, select its Edit icon.
- Optional: To remove one of your existing reviews, select its Delete icon.
Reviews written by users that have installed and/or used the plugin are identified by a badge next to their name.
Editing a review
To edit one of your reviews, select Edit.
Edit your comment as needed and/or change your rating. If you have any questions about what is reasonable and appropriate to say in reviews, select the Plugin feedback guidelines link.
Deleting a review
To delete any of your own reviews, select Delete, and then select the confirmation button.
New Relic Plugins administrators reserve the right to delete reviews if deemed necessary. For more information, see Plugin feedback policy.
To set up an RSS feed for all reviews for the plugin, select the RSS icon for Plugin reviews.
For more help
Additional documentation resources include:
- Installing a plugin (general instructions for installing a plugin from Plugin Central)
- Using a plugin (getting started with navigating any plugin)
- Plugin ratings (using the 5-star system to rate plugins)
- Plugin feedback policy (guidelines for leaving public feedback)
- Viewing your plugin's usage (summary information for the plugin's publisher about usage, including accounts, components/instances, links, ratings, and reviews)