The New Relic Plugins product provides feedback to plugin authors through reviews and ratings from the community of users. New Relic welcomes and encourages all New Relic customers to review and rate their plugin experiences by following reasonable expectations of civility and constructiveness.
Following community guidelines
Our approach to feedback follows "the living room rule." That is, we hope community behavior mirrors a living room discussion. That means it's fine to debate, disagree, and speak your mind, but it's not okay to throw things, climb on the furniture, and yell loudly.
The rating system is 1 to 5 stars, with 5 stars being the best. Keep in mind that plugin publishers' ratings will appear alongside their name on our site. If you are tempted to leave a critical rating, consider reaching out to the publisher directly via the support link on the plugin page.
Choosing your words
Make sure your reviews remain relevant to the plugin and that the tone of your reviews are civil and fair. We know we're not always going to agree with each other, but nonetheless please try to disagree without being disagreeable.
This means no personal attacks, name calling, libel, defamation, hate speech, comparisons to notorious dictators—you get the idea. And under no circumstances should you post anything that could be taken as threatening, harassing, bullying, obscene, pornographic, sexist or racist.
Here are some types of reviews we welcome:
- Your experience using the plugin
- Suggestions for improvement
- Your thoughts or opinions about the plugin, even if you disagree with us or point out mistakes
- Constructive criticism
New Relic reserves the right to moderate feedback to make sure the tone of reviews is civil and fair. Since this is the internet, we understand that things like spam and people behaving inappropriately are a fact of life. These are the circumstances under which we'll delete a review and/or a rating:
- Spam reviews: This includes off-topic or nonsense reviews.
- Inappropriate reviews: This includes profanity and links to offensive content.
- Attack reviews: This includes personal attacks against the author or other reviewers, as well as attacks against New Relic or other companies. This does not mean you can't disagree with us or with each other, just be polite about it.
- False reviews: This includes misleading statements or claims.
- Other: This includes reviews or ratings that appear to be gaming the system.
Let us know if you have any questions or concerns. New Relic looks forward to growing a community of developers that has an active exchange of ideas that can make the internet a cooler place.
For more help
Additional documentation resources include: