Welcome to Plugin Central! This is where partners, third-party vendors, and users of the New Relic Plugins product can publish plugin agents that collect selected metric data. This is also where users can install and view the plugin data on their New Relic Plugins dashboards as a set of summary metrics, charts, and tables. This allows you to use a single resource to monitor critical information about your application stacks, tools, interfaces, logins, alerts, and other data, and view everything from a single user interface: New Relic Plugins.
Plugins is not supported with accounts that host data in the EU region data center.
Developers and SaaS providers
Developers can use the New Relic Plugins product to create plugins that monitor numerical metrics provided by external services, hosts, or equipment. Alerting options are also available.
New Relic Plugins does not require a host license to publish plugins. In most cases, the plugin's agent runs on the users' app server. SaaS or PaaS providers can also create plugin agents that run on their system and report metrics for customers who use New Relic to monitor their applications. For more information, see the specific plugin agent SDK documentation, or see SaaS developer plugins.
Plugin Central directory
The plugin agent collects, sends, and stores the metric data in New Relic Plugins. Plugin Central provides a searchable directory for plugins that developers publish and make publicly available to users.
From Plugin Central, users can select and download whatever plugins they want to use. After users install or configure a plugin, they can view the plugin's dashboard data securely from the user interface for New Relic Plugins.
View plugins in Plugin Central
To view information about available (published) plugins: From the New Relic Plugins menu bar, select Plugins. Plugin Central automatically appears. By default, available plugins appear in alphabetical order.
- From rpm.newrelic.com, select Plugins.
- From the Plugin Central alphabetical directory, review the descriptions of publicly available plugins.
- Optional: To limit the directory listing, type a value in Search plugins.
- To view additional details about a plugin, select the plugin's title or its Get started button.
- From the plugin's description page, review additional details.
- To learn more about the plugin's publisher, select About us or Support site.
- To select a plugin, select its Download or Continue button, and follow the online instructions to get your plugin installed and running. Or, to return to the Plugin Central directory, select your browser's Back function.
Depending on the selected plugin, installation and configuration instructions will vary. Refer to your plugin's documentation for specific details. After you install or configure a plugin, it automatically appears on your New Relic Plugins menu bar, where you can select and view it directly. You may need to wait a few minutes for data to appear.
For more help
Additional documentation resources include:
- New Relic's website (videos, infographics, data sheets, and other resources)
- Plugin terminology (glossary of words and phrases you may see when using plugins)
- Plugin security (security considerations for using plugins)
- Installing a plugin (general instructions for installing a plugin from Plugin Central)
- Using a plugin (getting started with navigating any plugin)