New Relic One has some basic UI functions that are widely available across the platform. Understanding these features will help you find and analyze your data more easily.
Observe your platform
New Relic One gives you full access to the data from all the entities in your stack. Go to the New Relic Explorer at one.newrelic.com to see a full list of entities, identify overall behaviors, filter them to locate sources of performance issues, or plan improvements for your system.
Search accounts and entities
You can access the primary search at the top of the New Relic UI. Some details about search:
- You can search across all your New Relic accounts with cross-account access.
- Entities that cease to exist are available in search for eight days.
If your organization has multiple accounts, use the account picker at the top left corner to select accounts.
Use chart and query features
You can add most charts to a new or existing dashboard. Here are some query and chart features available across all or most of the platform:
|If you want to...||Do this...|
|Start querying your data||
Mouse over Browse data and select metrics, events, logs, or traces for a direct access to any of those types of data.
Also, at the top of any UI page, select Query your data to access the data explorer and query builder.
|View a chart's query||
For some charts, you can view the NRQL query used to generate that chart. This can help you understand a chart better or use it as the basis for a new query.
|Choose time range||
Drag across a section of a chart to zoom in on that time range. Or, use the time picker in the top right corner of the UI to select pre-set time ranges or set a custom one.
|View chart details||
Mouse over a chart to see a pop-up with more detail. For some charts, selecting a point on the chart will take you to a UI page with more information about that metric.
|Hide or return chart elements||
To hide or unhide a displayed chart element, select that element's name below the chart. The chart display will adjust to reflect the absence or presence of that element.
Share with teammates
Here are some options for sharing New Relic UI pages and visualizations.
|If you want to...||Do this...|
|Share UI pages and dashboards||
To share an entire New Relic UI page, click Share near the top of the UI to copy the URL.
If New Relic charts are built with NRQL queries, they have a [ellipsis icon] menu that exposes various options, including sharing options like Get as image and Get chart link.
Some notes about sharing:
- The person you share with may not have access to view the data from that account. To solve that, someone on your team with New Relic user management abilities must add that person to the account.
- If someone can't access a custom dashboard, it may be that it is set to private. Read more about dashboard permissions.
- Some sharing options have associated time ranges, which may impact later viewings of it. For example, if you use a chart's Get chart link option and that chart is set to 'Last 30 minutes', when viewed it will show the last 30 minutes, not the time range displayed when it was shared. To share a specific time range, you must select that time range in the UI.
Smooth navigation: Customize your bar and access the shortcuts
Select the edit [pencil icon] icon at the right end of the navigation bar to customize your view. Home, Explorer, Browse data, Dashboards, and Alerts & AI are fixed, but you can favorite up to six more elements to display on the bar as well. The rest will go on the More group.
Navigation shortcuts are a faster way to find entities and apps that are relevant to you. Mouse over any menu item for quick access to your favorite entities, those you recently visited, or just to search without having to navigate to a specific section. If you click on an entity, you can choose to open it in the same browser tab or in a new one.
Adjust account and user settings
To adjust account settings and user preferences, and to get support and docs links, use the account dropdown, located at the top right of the UI, beside your user name.