New Relic One has some basic UI functions that are widely available across the platform. Understanding these features will help you find and analyze your data more easily.
The search bar
The primary search bar is located at the top of all UI pages. Some tips about search:
- You can search across all New Relic accounts you have access to. For more on this, see Cross-account access.
- Entities that cease to exist are available in search for 8 days.
Chart and query features
Here are some query and chart features available across all or most of the platform:
- Create queries. Select Query your data from the top of any UI page to start querying.
- Add a chart to a dashboard. You can add most charts to a new or existing dashboard.
- View a chart's query. For some charts, you can view the NRQL query used to generate that chart. You can use this to understand a chart better or use it as the basis for a new query.
- Get chart link. You can use this to get a URL for embedding a chart in a web page. An embedded chart contains only the metrics present when it was created. If metrics cease being reported, they won't be displayed in the chart.
In July 2020, our iframe-based chart-embed feature was updated. For details, see this Explorers Hub post.
- Share entire UI page. To share an entire UI page, copy the URL and share it with anyone who has New Relic access. The URL retains any chart time range settings.
Some other chart functions:
|If you want to...||Do this...|
|Choose time range||
Drag across a section of a chart to zoom in on that time range. Also, you can use the time picker, which is in the top right corner of the UI, and lets you select pre-set time ranges or set a custom one.
|View chart details||
Mouse over a chart to see a pop-up with more detail. For some charts, selecting a point on the chart will take you to a UI page with more information about that metric.
|Hide or return chart elements||
To hide or unhide a displayed chart element, select that element's name below the chart. The chart display will adjust to reflect the absence or presence of that element.
If your organization has access to multiple New Relic accounts, you'll have an account selector at the top of some UI pages. For more about how access to accounts works, see Account access.
Account and user settings
To adjust account settings and user preferences, and to get support and docs links, use the account dropdown, located at the top right of the UI, beside your user name.
At the top of the UI are links to our previous product silos, like APM, Browser, and Infrastructure. For more about the transition from what were previously separate products to the unified New Relic One platform, see New Relic One transition guide.