As of April 12, 2021, we are upgrading Insights to an improved web and mobile experience! All of your Insights URLs will be redirected automatically to the corresponding dashboards in New Relic One. For more details about this migration and how you can easily plan for this transition, see our Explorers Hub post.
Released in 2014, New Relic Insights was our original way to create custom queries, charts, and dashboards. With New Relic One, we have modernized the experience for you to access, analyze, and visualize your data. New Relic One offers an improved charts and dashboards experience, and it provides a platform where we can more rapidly bring new innovations to you.
This transition guide can help you understand:
- What are some of the new and improved features you get with New Relic One charts, dashboards, and queries
- Why it's easy to transition to New Relic One
- What to know and considerations when you make the switch
- How to get the most out of using New Relic One
The transition to New Relic One has two parts: the UI and mobile app experience (April 12, 2021) and the Dashboard API (July 2021).
Transition to New Relic One
We have already taken care of your transition from Insights to New Relic One for you! As of April 12, 2021, your old Insights web URLs redirect automatically to New Relic One.
Your Insights mobile app is deprecated as of April 11, 2021.
tvOS apps and large displays
New Relic's tvOS app is still available. No action is needed by you at this time.
Some New Relic customers with the original pricing model may have set up dashboards on wall screens for restricted users with kiosk mode. No action is required for you to continue to view these dashboards.
The Insights API to create dashboards will be deprecated and replaced with the new Dashboards API as of July 2021. We encourage you to start exploring the capabilities of the Dashboards API in NerdGraph now!
This applies only if your account is one of the few using our partnership account structure to deliver New Relic services to your direct customers. In this situation, the Insights EOL will not affect your customers’ pricing. This is simply an EOL for the UI, not an EOL for the account type.
If you have questions about the transition, please comment in our Explorers Hub post. Or, if you work with an account team, they will be happy to help you.
New Relic One dashboards are an improvement to the Insights experience. New Relic One has all the dashboard and charting features that Insights has, and more!
one.newrelic.com > Dashboards: New Relic One offers a better querying and charting experience than Insights.
Switching to New Relic One is easy and seamless. All of the dashboards you previously created in Insights are automatically available in New Relic One.
With New Relic One, you get:
- Better querying and charting experiences: Query access is available globally, no matter where you are in New Relic One. This includes a "basic" query mode that doesn't require knowledge of NRQL.
- Improved query experience: You can query both the
Metricdata type and metric timeslice data.
- Easy customization: Every visualization now has the query accessible. You can augment any curated chart just by changing the NRQL.
Not only can you select a wide range of visualization options, you can also add more to your dashboards:
- Better display options: Make your data easier to understand by using visualizations other than dense, line-heavy charts. New Relic One also offers a better TV mode.
- More charts or widgets across dashboards: Insights restricted you to a 3-across limit. Now you can display up to 12 across your dashboard, providing increased data density along with improved tooltips and tracking across charts.
- Easier creation of multi-page dashboards: Insights referred to these as data apps. Your Insights data apps are preserved as multi-page dashboards in New Relic One.
- Chart consistency and flexibility: Dashboards include facet color consistency across widgets and faster loading times for more performant dashboards. Also, you can add any chart type to a dashboard in New Relic One!
The New Relic Insights UI has served our users well for many years, but it's time to give you an even better experience. Join us and make the switch to New Relic One!
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.