setMaxEventBufferTime:(unsigned int)seconds;NewRelic.setMaxEventBufferTime:(unsigned int)seconds;
Sets the event harvest cycle length. Default is 600 seconds.
To ensure that the new value is always applied, place this API call in the
applicationDidBecomeActive iOS lifecycle method.
Compatible with all agent versions.
Sets the maximum time (in seconds) that the agent will store events in memory. When the oldest event exceeds this time, the agent transmits the buffered content at the harvest cycle. You must set this value after the start call.
- Default is 600 seconds (10 minutes).
- Minimum value cannot be less than 60 seconds.
setMaxEventPoolSize(), which lets you change the maximum size of the event pool.
For context on how to use this API, see the documentation about sending custom attributes and events to Insights for:
true if recorded successfully, and
false if it doesn't.
+ (void) setMaxEventBufferTime:(unsigned int)seconds;
BOOL fiveMinuteLimitSet = [NewRelic setMaxEventBufferTime:600];
let fiveMinuteLimitSet = NewRelic.setMaxEventBufferTime(600)
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.