Sets the event harvest cycle length.
Agent version 5.0.0 or higher.
This method sets the maximum time in seconds that the New Relic Android agent will store events in memory before including the buffered event to be sent to New Relic in the next harvest cycle.
- Default is 600 seconds (10 minutes).
- Minimum value cannot be less than 60 seconds.
- Maximum value should not be greater than 600 seconds.
In other words, when the oldest event timestamp exceeds this custom configured time, the agent transmits the buffered content at the harvest cycle between each connection from a New Relic agent to the collector.
setMaxEventPoolSize(), which sets the maximum number of events that are stored by the agent during a harvest cycle.
Be aware that reporting a large number of events, or reporting events too frequently, may impact app performance.
For context on how to use this API, see Send custom attributes and events to Insights.
Required. The maximum time (in seconds) that the agent should store events in memory. The default value harvest cycle length is 600 seconds.
true if it succeeds, or
false if it doesn't.
boolean fiveMinuteLimitSet = NewRelic.setMaxEventBufferTime(300);
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.