The New Relic Mobile UI provides the same functionality as the standard New Relic UI, with customized details to monitor and manage the performance of your mobile apps.
Viewing mobile apps
To view application performance monitoring (APM) metrics about your mobile apps, you must have a valid New Relic user name and password. Your user name must be a valid email address.
- Go to rpm.newrelic.com/mobile.
- From the list of available mobile apps, use any of the standard menu functions, or select an app to go directly to its Overview page.
The time frame for metrics shown on the list of mobile apps is six minutes.
The index of available mobile apps includes a colored health status indicating:
- Green = Normal
- Yellow = Warning
- Red = Critical
- Gray = Not reporting data
Standard menu functions
|If you want to...||Do this...|
|View the app's status||
Mouse over the mobile app's colored health status indicator.
If the health status indicator is gray and no data is being reported, select the See instructions link to finish installing New Relic Mobile.
|View details for a mobile app||
From the Mobile list, select the mobile app's name to go directly to its Overview page.
Select the mobile app's Active sessions or HTTP requests link.
|View details about time-consuming user activities||Select the mobile app's Interactions/min or Interactions speed link.|
|Go directly to a mobile app's Errors page page.||Select the mobile app's Http error % or Network failure % link.|
|View metrics for a specific version of the app, if available||
Below the mobile app's name, expand the list of active versions, and then select the version name.
|Go directly to a mobile app's Crashes page .||Select the mobile app's Crash rate % or Crashes list link.|
|Add another mobile app||
Select Add a new app, and then follow the online instructions.
|Rename the mobile app, change its alert settings, or delete it||Select the mobile app's gear gear icon.|
For more help
Additional documentation resources include:
- View a mobile app's alert information (how to view information about a mobile app's alert policies, conditions, violations, and other activity directly from New Relic Mobile)
- Finding help (resources available through New Relic's online Help Center)
- Mobile Apps Overview page (features and functions available from your mobile app's Overview page, which shows the collected data as a set of charts)
- Customizing your mobile app settings (procedures to change your mobile app's name, alert conditions, and other settings)
- Viewing your application token (40-character hexadecimal string for authenticating each mobile app you monitor in New Relic Mobile)