The user interface for New Relic's iPhone and iPad app provides functionality similar to New Relic's standard user interface, with customized details for mobile users.
New Relic's iOS app includes these New Relic products and features:
New Relic's iOS app for iPhone and iPad includes these New Relic products and features:
- New Relic APM (iPhone and iPad). Includes real-time and historical data. Select the icon to see transaction details. Select Overview Charts to view summary charts of your top five transactions.
- New Relic Browser (iPhone and iPad). Provide overview dashboard, including average page load time, Browser Apdex, average throughput, and more.
- New Relic Infrastructure (iPhone only).
- New Relic Alerts (iPhone and iPad). Get alert and deployment notifications.
- New Relic Synthetics (iPhone only).
- New Relic Browser (iPhone and iPad).
- New Relic Mobile (iPhone and iPad). Includes crash reports, network errors, API calls, and active user count.
- New Relic Plugins (iPhone and iPad).
New Relic's iOS app does not have all the features of the New Relic web application. For more detailed analysis, sign in to your New Relic account with a web browser.
When viewing an application or host, you can change the visible time frame by using the clock icon in the top right of the page. This feature is similar to the standard New Relic time picker. Features include:
- Scrub the New Relic charts to move back and forth across the timeline.
- Select the time picker to choose a time range that ends now (from 30 minutes to 90 days ago).
- For iPads: to specify an end time other than now, slide the toggle from Ending Now to Custom Date.
New Relic Synthetics
You can use the iOS app to view your New Relic Synthetics data, including charts of your monitor's availability, load times, and load sizes. Select the caret caret-down icon to view more detailed charts. You can mute or disable your monitor, and view details of any recent errors. For scripted monitors, you can view and search the script log.
When you connect the iOS app to your New Relic account, your device is automatically associated with your user channel. Then, you can add your user channel to your target policy to receive alerts. For iOS alerts, notifications appear on your lock screen and can be viewed by swiping the alert.
You can select any alert to view error details or acknowledge the alert. New Relic also sends a push notification when a colleague acknowledges an open event. Then, New Relic sends a final, closing notification when all Critical events end.
If you have a mobile application and have installed New Relic Mobile, you can monitor its performance directly from your iPhone or iPad. New Relic Mobile monitoring includes network errors, API calls, and number of active users. You can also view detailed individual crash reports for a deeper understanding of a particular crash incident.
For more help
Additional documentation resources include: