New Relic Insights is a software analytics resource to gather and visualize data about your software and your business. The New Relic Insights mobile app provides easy access to your Insights data from iPhone and Android devices. New Relic also offers an Insights app for Apple TV.
Compatibility and requirements
The New Relic Insights mobile app allows you to:
- View your Insights dashboards and widgets.
- Use Insights to view the NRQL query and notes attached to each dashboard widget.
- Select favorite dashboards for easy access.
- iPhone requirements
- iOS 7 or higher
- iPhone 4S or higher
You can also use the Insights app on your iPad and iPod Touch.
- Android requirements
- 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich or higher
- All Android phones and tablets are supported
Install the Insights app
To install the Insights app on your iPhone or Android device, follow these instructions and any additional requirements.
- iPhone installation
- Android installation
Depending on your New Relic account, additional installation or authentication steps may be required when you install New Relic Insights.
|New Relic account||Additional requirements|
If you do not already have a New Relic account
|Users with New Relic partner accounts||Some partner accounts may need to complete the partner authentication process.|
|Users with SAML-SSO enabled accounts||
After signing in, you will be automatically returned to Insights.
|Existing Insights users||No additional requirements; your dashboards, widgets, and accounts appear in the New Relic Insights UI after you sign in.|
- View dashboards
The Insights companion app for iOS and Android devices allows you to view dashboards and widgets created via the Insights website. Information updates in real time, so you always have access to the latest metrics.
To view a dashboard, locate it from the list on the app's main menu. When you select a dashboard, you can access all the widgets created on the Insights website, and view details for each widget.
Easily access your dashboards using the search icon on the main menu, or with favorites. To favorite a dashboard, select the star icon on each dashboard. Access your favorites from the Favorite Dashboards list in the Insights UI.
- View widget details
You can select any widget to view details. The details available vary by widget:
- Billboard: Billboards that have exceeded their alert thresholds will be yellow (Warning) or red (Critical).
- Table, Event, or Attribute sheet: Swipe to view all rows or columns.
- Line Chart, Area Chart, or Histogram: Tap and hold to view exact values for each column or timeslice.
- Pie Chart: Tap a segment or item in the list to view exact values.
- From the Insights UI, select a dashboard containing the widget you want to view.
- Select the info [info icon] icon, then select NRQL or Notes.
- Switch accounts
To switch to any account associated with your user name:
- From the app's main menu, select your user name.
- Select an account from the list.
- Switch users
All Insights accounts and dashboards associated with your user name appear automatically.
- To log out from the device: From the main menu, select your user name, then select Logout.
- To switch users: Log out, then log in with a new account.
Authentication with partners
To authenticate using an account provided through a New Relic partner:
- From the New Relic Insights app, type your email address associated with the partner account.
- Select Next, then select No password.
- From your iPhone or Android device, retrieve the authentication email within 20 minutes.
- Select the Tap here to log in link in the email to be redirected to the app and authenticated.
If you miss the 20-minute deadline, sign in to Insights app again, and select the link to resend the authentication email. If you cannot find the authentication message from New Relic in your inbox, check your Spam folder.
Additional New Relic mobile apps
New Relic also offers mobile apps to monitor your applications, hosts, plugins, key transactions, and alert notifications from your mobile devices:
To make troubleshooting easier, New Relic's mobile apps only record the following information about you:
- User's email address associated with your New Relic account, including first and last name (for authentication purposes only)
- IP address
- Device ID
For more information, see our Mobile data privacy and security documentation.