Logs in context for the .NET agent connects your Logs and APM data in New Relic, giving full context to high-level events and providing high value data to specific log lines. Read on to learn how to configure logs in context and start getting log data.
Compatibility and requirements
To use New Relic Logs with the .NET agent, ensure your configuration meets the following requirements:
- Log monitoring enabled, with a compatible log forwarding plugin installed
- New Relic .NET agent 8.21+
- New Relic .NET agent API 8.21+
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5+ or .NET Core 2.0+
Configure logs in context for .NET
Choose a extension to see specific instructions:
Now that you've set up APM logs in context, here are some potential next steps:
- Explore your data using the Logs UI.
- Troubleshoot errors with distributed tracing, stack traces, application logs, and more.
- Query your data and create custom dashboards or alerts.