Logs in context for the .NET agent connects your Logs and APM data in New Relic, giving full context to high-level events and providing high value data to specific log lines. Read on to learn how to configure logs in context and enrich log data.
To use New Relic Logs with the .NET agent, ensure your configuration meets the following requirements:
- Log management enabled, with a compatible log forwarding plugin installed
- New Relic .NET agent 8.21+
- New Relic .NET agent API 8.21+
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5+ or .NET Core 2.0+
Choose a extension to see specific instructions:
Now that you've set up APM logs in context, here are some potential next steps:
- Explore your data using the Logs UI.
- Troubleshoot errors with distributed tracing, stack traces, application logs, and more.
- Query your data and create custom dashboards or alerts.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.