In some cases, you may need to change the default settings related to OpenTelemetry. Here are some advanced configurations that are available.
You can change the New Relic endpoints where you send your data. By default, New Relic OpenTelemetry exporters send data to these US data centers:
You may need to override these default endpoints to send data to the EU region or to use Infinite Tracing.
To send telemetry data to New Relic’s endpoints in the EU region, use the following:
These URLs don't apply to Infinite Tracing
- Spans: https://trace-api.eu.newrelic.com/trace/v1
- Metrics: https://metric-api.eu.newrelic.com/trace/v1
If you are setting up Infinite Tracing, you need to override the default span endpoint and send telemetry data to the New Relic trace observer:
- Follow the steps in Set up the trace observer to get the value for YOUR_TRACE_OBSERVER_URL.
- Use the value of YOUR_TRACE_OBSERVER_URL to configure your integration.
- Since you want New Relic to analyze all your traces, make sure to verify that your OpenTelemetry integrations use the
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.