As of April 12, 2021, we are upgrading Insights to an improved web and mobile experience! All of your Insights URLs will be redirected automatically to the corresponding dashboards in New Relic One. For more details about this migration and how you can easily plan for this transition, see our Explorers Hub post.
In New Relic Insights, you can export data (maximum of 1,000 results per NRQL query) from any table chart to a comma-separated values (CSV) file. You can then use the
.csv file in other applications, such as Microsoft Excel.
Before downloading CSV data for Insights table charts, be aware of the following:
- CSV files can only be generated for table charts.
- For charts with a time range dependent on the present moment (for example,
since 30 minutes ago), CSV data is generated from the present moment, not from when the chart was initially generated. This means that a delay between chart load and the CSV file generation could result in data differences.
- The query string must be shorter than 3 KB to export to CSV.
The exported CSV data follows these rules in the query or chart:
- Insights filters: If a filter is applied to a dashboard, the download will only include the subset of data based on the filter.
- Selected time range: If a specific fixed time range is selected, the CSV file includes the data for that time period.
- FACET queries: If you query with multiple attributes, the export includes columns for all FACETs in the query.
You can also use the Insights query API to retrieve data. The API helps you get around the 1,000 result limit by querying in 1,000 result chunks.
If you need more help, check out these support and learning resources:
- Browse the Explorers Hub to get help from the community and join in discussions.
- Find answers on our sites and learn how to use our support portal.
- Run New Relic Diagnostics, our troubleshooting tool for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Review New Relic's data security and licenses documentation.